Thursday, September 11, 2008

Baby Hideout...

My sister and sister in law are both expecting babies soon. I am so excited to hold and care for infants that won't keep me up all night. I'm even more excited about shopping for all of the little baby stuff that is completely unpractical but absolutely adorable. I'm also amazed at how deprived I was when my children were infants. Have I mentioned that my youngest is not even 5 yet? Outstanding things have happened in the baby industry and I want to pout just a bit because it isn't fair.

For instance, the Baby Hideout is an amazing tool for nursing mothers. My other sister in law used this for her youngest daughter and I loved how it kept her discrete. Mind you I've never really minded nursing in public but I always did my best to cover up. I would take dinner napkins in restaurants and do my best to wrap it across my chest. I was determined not to be like some of the mother's I've seen in public (like the zoo or at a shopping mall) who just whip out their tata's and let their child go to town. Even I, a non people watcher, can't help but to gawk at a boobie in the middle of public.

My sister's sister in law (I know, a lot of sister in laws) actually makes these awesome things. They're like aprons in a way but large enough to give you and your baby privacy while feeding, or even sleeping. And they come in amazing patterns and fabrics. Check them out at Baby Hideout.

No comments: