Monday, May 25, 2009

Once upon a blog...

What you may not know about me is that I have been blogging since before the word blog was cool. I began my exhibitionist adventure back in 1999, when we simply said we had an online journal or diary. My motivation at the time was to allow my family and friends to follow me as I went through my twin pregnancy (my first 2 children.) I had several hundred followers at my original domain of KeshiasKeepsakes.com. Over the span of the next 6 calendar years I was pregnant, therefore the journaling (or blogging) continued. Eventually I slowed down, until I stopped altogether. Perhaps it was the lack of a baby to be, but more likely the lack of time. Here is a picture I had posted of my pregnant belly when I was 22 weeks pregnant with my twins. Notice the graininess of the image. That digital camera was a gift from my ex-husband. All 1 megapixel of it, which cost upward of $500 at the time. Amazing to think of how far technology has come.



I'm now the proud owner of nearly 200 journal pages, printed out and placed into a binder. I can't imaging placing a label on the outside with the word "blog" as the description.

No comments: